- As title reads. A tutorial by perhaps the best source for web development material online.
- A free JS course written by Dan Abramov. This is not an introductory course into JS, rather something to solidify your knowledge.
- I can't tell you how important it is to understand promises!
- Mozilla Developer Network Web Docs article about the event loop.
- Understanding the event loop is important.
- Perhaps the easiest to use and most straightforward tool for making requests.
- Planning on using JS on your next technical interview?
- Good patterns for JS code.
CSS and Styling
- Mozilla Developer Network Web Docs about CSS.
- A great tool for editing CSS animations by hand and then generate code! Built by Ana Travas, a personal role model 🌟
- Struggling to center that div?
- Perhaps the easiest to use out-of-the-box set of CSS animations.
- Flex your UI after learning this.
- Useful CSS grid starting templates.
- Customizable CSS shadows and easings!
- Another great out-of-the-box set of CSS animations for hovering states.
- One more! Cool CSS animations by Minimamente an Italian developer community.
- Shaking animations for those cold lines of code.
Frameworks & Libraries
- A UI library similar to Bootstrap. The React version is great! You can find it here.
- The Data Visualization tool. Written by Mike Bostock.
- Think about it like Jupyter Notebook for Data Visualizations and JS. Find the D3 samples here.
- Those circles in my landing page. A great tool built by Vincent Garreau.
- That typing effect|. Built by Matt Boldt.
- A really cool tool for any sort of web based animations. Built by Julian Garnier.
- Airbnb's animation library.
- Uber Vis Team.
- The most popular tool for building user interfaces, a popular choice, as well as my own.
- Mobile applications built with react! A great tool for those web developers looking to get into mobile development. Keep in mind expo !== React Native.
- The most popular global state management tool.
- A fairly recent library for building UI. This one I still have to look into. Have heard great things about it! 👀
- Another great global state management tool. Have yet to try it out! Shoutout to Jason for showing me this.
React & React Native
- Hooks might look scary at first but they'll get you hooked in no time. This can help! Written by Amelia Wattenberger.
- Believe it or not this helped me learn CSS flexbox.
- Great for learning hooks!
- Looking to use TypeScript in your projects?
- As mentioned above, Semantic UI for React.
- Data Visualization in React. By Uber open source.
- Looking to make a music app with the Spotify API?
- Going deep into React, not for the faint hearted.
- A great guide for everything React.
- Looking to transform your classes into functional components?
- A framework for building React apps quickly with a set of premade templates.
- As the title says.
- Redux for React apps.
- This is it. The future of design. It's free! I can't stress enough how useful this is. Shoutout to Tolu for first showing me this back in 2018.
- An introduction to design by Figma.
- I designed my resume with Figma. If you're interested in doing something similar, this would be a starting point!
- For designers in Ottawa.
- A collection of design systems creators, designers, developers, and managers published by Figma.
- As title reads.
Design Systems & Design Thinking
- Google's design system, also a great guide for designing! Shoutout to Derek for showing me this back in 2018.
- Shopify's design system. Shoutout to Matt for showing me this during my time at RBC.
- A great article about design systems written by the Google Design team.
- As title reads. An article by Google Design.
- IBM's platform for design thinking resources.
- Material Desing's guide to data visualization.
Colors & Fonts
Inspiration & Cool Websites
- Everything design from Google.
- Awards for design! Great source of inspiration.
- Awards for creativity, design, and innovation. Great source for ideas!
- A collection of portfolios from succesful design students and interns around the globe. Shoutout to Grace for showing this to me.
- Amazing portfolios from designers around the globe.
- Designing a hackathon from the designers over at Hack Western.
- A fun UI/UX based game for those buttons that aren't aligned. Shoutout to Kevin for showing me this.